Tue, 21 Mar|
10:00am - 11:30am online via zoom
Thinking Toolkit Online Course - Tuesdays 4 weeks
It’s hard to feel good when your negative and self-critical thinking keeps you worried or lacking in motivation. We can become stuck in unhelpful cycles of bad choices. Those cycles can be interrupted and new pathways created to better manage your thoughts and improve the way you feel!
Time & Location
21 Mar, 10:00 am – 11 Apr, 11:30 am
10:00am - 11:30am online via zoom
About the Event
It’s hard to feel good and have fun when your negative and self-critical thinking keeps you worried or lacking in motivation. Change and stressful experiences can keep us stuck in unhelpful cycles of bad choices. The good news is that you can interrupt those cycles and create new pathways to better manage your thoughts and improve the way you feel!
This course will help you to:
- Improve your confidence to take charge of your life as you explore the connection between your thinking and your reactions.
- Create new pathways as you identify your thinking roadblocks and explore techniques to break them down.
- Learn a range of mindfulness and CBT strategies* to improve your overall wellbeing.
*Strategies are drawn from Mindfulness practices and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). Mindfulness skills help you to focus on the present reducing the likelihood of worry or snagged by emotions from past experiences. CBT is an established therapeutic approach that helps you to manage and overcome a wide range of issues related to unwanted thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
Who this course is for:
- Those who are feeling stuck or finding it difficult to focus on their normal everyday activities and would love to learn how to get out of unhelpful cycles.
- Anyone ready and willing to learn new skills to make better decisions for their wellbeing.
- Those looking for better ways, both now and in the long-term, to change repeated patterns of thinking that leave them feeling low or anxious.
- Anyone 16years and over.
- Partial or full Scholarships may be available to New Zealand Citizens or Permanent Residents who meet the criteria (Email to enquire).
Note:This course is not designed to be therapeutic for significant health problems so if you have any concerns in this regard then it is recommended that you speak to a suitably qualified health practitioner.
Tuesday 21st March
Session 1 - I Just Wasn't Thinking
In this session we help you to discover that the common statement “I just wasn’t thinking” isn’t true, or helpful. After a brief introduction to the wonder of your brain, it’s time to begin adding to your toolkit. We spend time growing our learning and then practicing key skills to changing your thinking for the better.
Tuesday 28th March
Session 2 - Thinking Matters
Armed with knowledge from Session 1, you will begin to learn and compassionately notice how your thinking directly connects to your choices. We explore an effective, research proven, CBT tool to help you make that connection without harsh self-judgement. Our facilitators will engage you in activities and discussion to grow your confidence to begin using this new learning straight away.
Tuesday 4th April
Session 3 - Seeing Clearly
As you continue to add to your toolkit we build on skills to notice and recognise unhelpful thinking patterns. Tap into a resource to help you see clearly as you learn what thinking roadblocks you have and the skills to challenge them.
Tuesday 11th April
Session 4 - Capturing Your Thoughts
We wrap up our journey on this course with a key to helping you more easily capture your thoughts. We continue to practice and add skills to your toolkit so that you can confidently keep managing your thoughts rather than have them managing you.
Pay what you want
Thinking Toolkit Online Wellbeing Skills Course (4 sessions) Full Price $80, pay what you can afford with sponsorship available
Pay what you want0