The information we collect
A Girl Called Hope operates the website www.agirlcalledhope.org.nz . As part of our operations we may gather certain types of information about the users of our sites:
1. Personally Identifiable Information. This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
- Contact information (e.g. email addresses) is used to process donations, provide receipts, send information about A Girl Called Hope and to get in touch with our supporters from time to time.
- Unique identifiers (e.g. reference numbers) are collected from website visitors to assist in matching your current details with our records.
- Financial information (e.g. credit card numbers) is used to process the donation that has been made as well as purchase goods.
2. Aggregated Data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who we share this information with
We will not share the information that we collect with any third parties. The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any use by them that we have not authorised. Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
What else do we do with the personally identifiable information?
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
1. To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
2. To process any transactions that you might make on our site.
3. To help provide any other services that you have requested.
4. To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
5. For any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake.
6. For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
All financial transactions on our site are handled through security encrypted response forms.
Opting in and opting out
From time to time, A Girl Called Hope will send you communications that we feel are appropriate to the nature of your relationship with us. For example, if you make a donation, you will receive information about future donation opportunities.
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our services.
Out of respect for the privacy of our users, we present the option to not receive these types of communications. You can unsubscribe via the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of each email or you can call us on 09 443 7136. Alternatively you can email A Girl Called Hope at
Your right to access your information
The New Zealand Privacy Act of 1993 gives you the right to access and correct this information. To find out more about how to do this, please contact A Girl Called Hope –
The internet offers the chance to collect information about site users. This information can be personally identifiable information or aggregated information. However, your privacy is important to us at A Girl Called Hope and we have put in place the following terms in order to ensure you have a safe and secure experience on our website.
The office of the Privacy Commissioner ( http://www.privacy.org.nz ) provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.